Sunday, June 29, 2008

Return from VBS Land

I'm back!


VBS was great! We had 258 children enrolled. 42% of those registered do not attend our church. I haven't figured out what percentage is unchurched yet. 21 children committed their lives to Christ and/or committed to follow through with believer's baptism. 5 of those children were baptized today! The children collected just over $400 for the Sarah and Joseph Foundation, an organization that provides pigs and goats to widows and orphans in Uganda as well as training in how to raise, breed, and sell the animals. The children also brought in many donations for our upcoming mission trip to Uganda.


Now that I'm back from VBS land, I have to get ready for a real trip to Uganda. Todd and I leave on July 10th. I am looking forward to the trip, but I really hate leaving the kids. They will have a great time with grandparents, but I feel like I miss so much already, I hate adding 12 more days! At least I have Todd with me this time.


Please pray for us as we go on this mission trip. Pray for the safety of our children while we are gone. Pray for the Kingdom of God to be expanded here on earth specifically in Uganda. Pray for our safe return. Pray for our team, most of whom are going to Africa for the first time, many on their first mission trip. Pray for our families as they care for our children. Pray for my church and the countless volunteers that have come forward to "do my job" for the 12 days (2 Sundays!) that I'm gone.


Here is a picture from my last trip to Uganda.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Praying for you all!! I know you're doing God's work!! I am blessed to know both you and Todd. You both set a great example of how to live the Christian life.