Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We're on our way!

Well, we are finally almost on our way. Unfortunately, I (donna) have come down with a cold. I'm sure I will get lots of dirty looks on the plane. Todd and I checked in online tonight, and we don't get to sit together from here to Chicago! That means I'll be coughing on 2 complete strangers. Not likely to make friends that way! We do get to sit together from Chicago to London. It's too early to check in for London to Nairobi or Nairobi to Entebbe. I just hope the Lord grants me (and the people around me) rest on the plane.

We have promises of being online while oversees, so please check in from time to time to see what's happening. I hope to add a bit every few days. We'll see!

If all the flights are on time, Todd and I will have time to tour around London for a few hours. We plan to get lunch and see some sights. Pray that they'll give us visas with my red snotty nose and croupy cough. Better yet, pray that I lose the snot and croup!

Enough about us (me), that's not why we're going. Please pray for the people of Uganda. Pray for the women who will be attending the conferences. The Lord has laid a message on my heart for the women about the calling He has for each woman. Pray that they will feel loved, begin to see their worth in the eyes of the Lord, and feel a special touch from the Holy Spirit.

Pray for the orphans in Uganda, that they will feel the embrace of their heavenly Father. Pray for the students and villagers who will hear the gospel message. Pray for the Pastors, that they will be educated and receive a fresh touch from the Lord. Pray for the doctor on the team as he seeks to treat patients with limited resources.

Pray for our team, many of whom have never been to Africa, some who have never been on a mission trip. Pray for health, safety, and unity.

Pray for our family. Pray for us. We'll be in touch!

No comments: